Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Max Vandenburg's Facebook




This method of analyzing Max Vandenburg, a character from The Book thief  didn’t terribly influence my perspective or help me understand him any better. I feel that using social media was a rather irrelevant method, considering when the story takes place. My opinion probably stems from the fact I don’t terribly think social media is something deep or something that really reveals character. When you talk to a friend, you don’t think about what you’ll say for long periods of time, debate how it will make them perceive you, and if they’ll like it. You do all of those things when you post something on a social media site. More often then less you’re not expressing yourself, you’re advertising yourself. Regardless, this was interesting to do. Technology wise I did learn a bit more about photoshop and it was enjoyable along with making up posts. It was pretty fun. I really enjoyed looking up songs in particular. Ask anyone, I have a lovely knack for finding a song fitting to anything and any occasion. Finding songs for Max to post about was definitely fun for me. 

10 comments:

  1. Holy Cow.!! That is really cool. I like how the picture for all of his pictures is liesel, I don't know if you did that on purpose, but it is really cool, cause they are really close in my opinion. Just, this shows a lot of effort, and I'm really glad that you did Max, because for me it was a tie between Max and Rudy, so I wanted someone else to do it, so I could see it. Great job. I kind of want to read your reflection sometime. :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS SO REAL LOOKING. I love this so much. And I love seeing all of the little things you have like "You have a hidden story" Very Clever Claire, very clever. ;) "My name is Max Vandenburg, and I am the man with swampy eyes and feathers for hair". This is so wonderful. This is definitely my favorite character analysis. This is awesome, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! You and your skills are ridiculous. haha. It digs into the thoughts of Max more than some people may think about. I really liked it. Way to be great![;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your photoshop skills are immensely cool! I really like the cover photo and want to know how you did that. I also like the activity "Max changed his privacy settings." I don't think that actually happens on a real facebook, but it was really effective for this because Max would have needed to change his privacy settings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You never seize to amaze. Keep doing what your doing. Nice to see someone going above and beyond. I especially liked the fact that you were really in depth with the fakebook. I like seeing all the little stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love how real this looks. No joke. I think I will always envy your quirky photoshop skills, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT. How. What. I dig. Super impressed with the P-shopping and formatting and what not. Can't say I really approve of the music choices... but really cool, and the posts feel accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, Claire, Claire.... you have out done us all. It was clear that you put a lot of time into this assignment, and it came out great! I liked that you made it different by putting it in timeline form. Your comments and statuses were all well thought out. :) I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, you once again have out done us all. Great job. It sort of confused me because I don't use Facebook but that is my problem. I liked how you put songs on, it really added more depth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, the amount of detail and accuracy you embedded into your Facebook is amazing. I love that you did a Timeline. You don't use any quotes in your reflection, and I'm sorry this didn't help you explore Max as much as you would have liked. But your end product is fabulous, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete